The department of Kiswahili is charged with the responsibility of not only teaching and conducting research but also coordinating learning and teaching of Kiswahili literature and linguistics at the University of Nairobi. It is my hope that this effort will impact positively in the nation of Kenya as a whole.
This service charter is aimed at spelling out what our mandate is and how we are to deliver it to our customers. It shows the kind of engagement and interaction we shall have with the public of Kenya and the rest of the world.
We shall make sure this charter is revised and that it conforms to the general guidelines of the University of Nairobi.
- Conduct research in Kiswahili linguistics and literature
- Teaching providing quality teaching
- Mentoring scholars
- Establishing links with other research institutions in the world.
- Publishing of teaching materials
- Implementing research findings through teaching
- Publishing fiction in Kiswahili
- Offering translation services
- All citizens and persons residents in Kenya
- Public and Private agencies
- Visiting scholars
- Development partners
- Other learning and teaching institutions
PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
- Provide services on time
- To provide room for suggestions and criticism
- Work within University policy guidelines
- Use resources effectively
- To offer quality services
- Embrace integrity and professionalism
- Provide a conducive environment for teaching and research
OUR RANGE OF SERVICES
- Training of manpower
- Mentoring young scholars
- Engaging in research
- Marking and evaluations
- Publishing and offering advisory services on language matters
- Moderations of academic standards.
Our clients are encouraged to submit complaints using the following channels:
- Face to face
- Telephone calls
- Email addresses
- Suggestion box
The department will make all communication confidential
- Demanding quality services
- Interact with department constructively
- Offer criticism that will improve service delivery
- Giving feedback on the quality of services we provide
- Participation in our departmental programs.
- Report any malpractices once detected
- Provide adequate information to facilitate assistance
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE DELIVERY
- Staff shall be facilitated according to the University of Nairobi policy guidelines.
- The Department of Kiswahili will establish complaints channels of addressing queries.
- Marking will be completed in two weeks as the University provides
- All classes will commence in time.
- All classes will be conducted according to the general university of Nairobi timetables.
- All teaching will confirm to various syllabi approved by senate
- The department will ensure that it is IT compliant.
- Cases of student indiscipline will be channeled to the central University organs in good time for handling.
- Timetables will be displayed on boards for all to see.
- We shall ensure a good flow of information between the Department of Kiswahili and the faculty, College and central Administration.
- All departmental services will be governed by the University of Nairobi statutes